Tuesday 30 August 2011

Eid Mubarak

Hello everyone, Louise here.
Today is a very special day for Muslims all around the world. It is the day of Eid and it marks the end of Ramadan. I will be celebrating later on today with my partner and I have made him this  lantern as a little token
Last year I made him a card, but it's hard making cards for men at the best of times - themes for Eid seem even more limited! I decided to have a look through my Silhouette library to see if there was any inspiration. There were a few nice ideas but I decided to have a look at their online library...... low and behold, look what jumped out at me! Perfect! I have to say, I have been a Charmed customer for years now and my Quickcutz Silhouette has to be my favourite purchase ever!
I simply fed brown card into my Silhouette and press 'cut' popped out the flat shape and folded is into a lantern as you see here. To give it a bit of an aged yet magical look I sprayed it with Sticky Fingers 'shake-n-spray Gold ink.(not sure if Charmed still stock it but its ace! it's lasted me forever!)
Anyhow it's time to go and beautify myself for the party.
Eid Mubarak everyone xxx

2 comments: